Here at InkAway, we promise to perform the absolute best laser tattoo removal treatments to ensure the ink in your skin fades away beautifully. However, it is your duty as a patient to take proper care of your tattoo after each treatment. In order to achieve flawless results and make sure your skin heals well, the following aftercare instructions MUST be followed.
- Make sure the treated area is clean and dry throughout the healing process. Gently cleanse the treated area with soap and water, then pat to dry.
- Avoid soaking the treated area in water. Swimming pools, baths, water activities, etc., can all lead to infection. Showers are permitted as long as the treated area is not directly under high-pressure water.
- DO NOT meddle with any blisters or scabs that form. These are highly common side effects and are good signs that your body is reacting well to the treatment. Picking or popping any scabs during the healing process may lead to serious unwanted side effects and infection. Some blisters may rupture on their own. In the event that this happens, apply a thin layer of antibiotic ointment onto the affected area until the skin has healed.
- Avoid sun exposure or tanning of any kind. Wear appropriate clothing and apply sunblock (SPF 25 or higher) to the treated area once it has healed.
- Apply antibiotic ointment such as Aquaphor or Polysporin to relieve any itchiness or discomfort. A cold compress may also help to alleviate any discomfort or itchiness as well.
- If additional discomfort or pain continues, take Tylenol. Avoid taking Aspirin or Ibuprofen as they increase risks of bruising and bleeding.
- Exercise regularly and drink plenty of water. Maintaining a healthy immune system will encourage faster healing and fading. Massaging the area surrounding the treatment site will also help the ink absorb faster.
- For all other concerns or worries, please contact our office immediately.